Feet on stability ball push up on single leg
- Place body in push up position on the floor, activate core by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and squeeze the buttocks.
- Place both feet on Swiss ball.
How to Do:
- Ensure that you have necessary overall strength & stability in both core & musculature to perform this progression.
- Starting with your body in the plank position, raise one leg just prior to the movement phase, and maintain leg lift throughout exercise.
- Lower the chest towards the floor.
- Upon reaching the floor, press your body back up to the starting position.
- Be aware not to let the core release as this will cause hyperextension of the lower back, pelvis, and hip areas.
- Stop performing the exercise as soon as any compensation is noticed. To increase challenge to the core, leg can be lifted up and out to the side during the movement.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.