Rear delt fly machine
- Perform this exercise in the gym.
- This isolation exercise strengthens the shoulder, and specifically, the back of the shoulder, a part of the body that is often neglected.
- It strengthens and sculpts the muscle, and helps build a nice rounded deltoid cap, for sexy arms with nice muscle definition.
- Together with the back of the shoulder, this exercise also works some back muscles as a secondary benefit, and helps to improve posture.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Adjust the machine so that when seated, your shoulders are in line with the handles, and that when you grasp the handles, your arms are almost fully extended but for a slight bend in the elbow to prevent damage. Make sure that your chest is not tilted forward and pressed into the machine’s padding. Instead, sit upright with your chest only light touching the pad.
- Pull your shoulder blades slightly back then bring your arms from the front out to the side until they are aligned with your chest. Maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the motion.
- Slowly return your arms to the starting position and repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
- Do not use momentum to swing the handles back. If you are struggling to bring your arms from the front to the side, choose a lighter weight.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.