• Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
• It works the muscles in your shoulder, especially the front portion of your shoulder, and the traps (where the neck and shoulders meet).
• Your back muscles will also be activated during the exercises, while your abdominals will come into play to hold your body steady.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Find a fixed point that’s very low to the ground to attach the band or tubing.
• With your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width, face the anchor point for your tubing, and pick up the handle in both hands.
• Both arms should be fully extended, with your palms facing the floor, and your wrists in line with your forearms. Make sure that your back is straight and tilt forward slightly at the hips.
• Tighten up your core to support your back and spine, then raise your arms upward until they are directly over your head, while straightening up at the hips. Your arms will still be fully extended, with your wrists in line with your forearms.
• Bring your arms back to your sides.
• Remember not to use momentum to lift the weight, and avoid pushing the stomach or hips forward to make the lift. Make sure that you don’t arch our round your back at any time during the exercise.