Resistance band overhead tricep extension (tricep curls)
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
- Your core muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady and to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
- Hold the tubing handle in one hand and stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips and knees are in line.
How to Do:
- Raise your arm and bring the tubing handle overhead. Your elbow should be fully extended with the handle directly over your shoulder.
- Keeping your upper arm stationary next to your ear throughout the movement, bend your elbow and lower the handle toward the back of your neck. Extend your elbow to return the handle to your starting position. Continue performing the exercise until you’ve completed all required repetitions. Switch sides and repeat.
- Don’t let your elbow “flare” out to the side and make sure that you’re back remains strong throughout and does not arch. You should also be careful not to lower your head to your chest. Look ahead of you, and keep your head in line with your neck.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.