How to Do Resistance Band Reverse Woodchop
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Resistance Band Reverse Woodchop Movement
1. The resistance band should be either to your left or right.
2. To start this movement, you need to get into a squat position. Knees slightly bent, butt back, lower back straight and not curved, and head in a neutral position facing straight ahead.
3. You will be grabbing the resistance band with only the hand opposite of the side that it is on so that it is across your body.
4. That means if the resistance band is on the left side of you, grab it with your right hand. If the resistance band is on the right side of you, grab it with your left hand.
5. Grabbing the resistance band with your palm facing you, pull away, twist your body and simultaneously come up from the squat position until you are facing away from the pulley.
6. Think of it as a diagonal line. The cable starts at 7 clock and finishes at 1 clock. To finish the motion, come back from the top and reverse the motion to return to the position you started the exercise in. This completes one repetition.
7. To work the opposite side, you will be facing the opposite way in the beginning, using the other arm, and twisting the opposite way.
Exercise With Resistance Bands