Freemotion tricep extension
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
- Your shoulders, forearms, and biceps muscles in the front of your upper arm will also be activated to hold your arms in position as you perform the exercise. Your core will also be activated to support your back and spine.
- Grasp the handles in both hands and sit with your back to the Free Motion machine.
- You have two options for stance; with your feet side-by-side in front of you or with one foot in front of you and the other slightly off to the side for increased stability.
- Your palms should be facing inward, and your upper arms should be in line to your shoulders, parallel to the ground. Your elbows will be bent at 90 degrees with your forearms perpendicular to the ground. This is the start position.
How to Do:
- Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, and hips are in line.
- Pull your shoulders back and down and tighten your abdominals to help keep your body in alignment, then extend your elbows until your arms are fully straightened so that they are at shoulder height, and parallel to the ground.
- Return to the start position slowly and in a controlled manner, and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
- Make sure that your upper arms remain stationary throughout the exercise. Only your forearms should be moving. Your elbows should not “flare” out. Be careful not to arch or round your spine. It’s important you maintain a strong, straight back.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.