How to Do Medicine Ball Reverse Woodchop on Core Board
Each medicine ball reverse woodchop on the core board should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this medicine ball reverse woodchop on the core board.
Beginning Reverse Woodchop
1. Slowly pull the handle downward and diagonally across your body until it reaches the opposite thigh. Throughout the pull, rotate the entire torso and keep the arms fully extended.
2. Hold for one or two counts.
3. Reverse the movement, returning the cable handle to its starting position.
Reverse Woodchop Movement
1. From there you will be standing up tall holding a medicine ball in the 8 o'clock position.
2. Perform a woodchop by bringing the medicine ball across your body in a diagonal straight line. It should finish at the 2 o'clock position.
3. While you perform the woodchop, simultaneously twist your hips and slightly bend your knees.
Reverse Woodchop Benefits
The transverse abdominis and oblique muscles are targeted by the cable woodchop. These are the muscles that allow you to twist at the waist and swing a bat or racket with your entire body weight rather than just your arms. The woodchop also works your back, shoulders, and legs muscles.
Exercises With a Medicine Ball, Medicine Ball Workouts, Core Board Exercises.