Dumbbell one leg Romanian deadlift to one arm overhead press
- Draw the belly button in towards the spine and contract the pelvis floor by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- Stand on one leg with knee bent to approximately 20 degrees and keep hips level.
- Keep elevated leg parallel with planted leg and keep ankle dorsiflexed with toes pointed out.
How to Do:
- Keep the shoulder blades back and down.
- With tall back, bend at the waist. Ensure to keep spinal angles neutral (maintain the natural curves of the spine).
- Allow arms to hang, but maintain shoulder blade position.
- Avoid any spinal rotation and flex forward only as far as you can control with good form.
- Return to standing position, maintain level hips, reverse curl the weights to shoulder and press overhead with 1 arm.
- Reverse sequence back to starting position.
- Inertia progression: dumbbells, cables, to tubing.
- Stable to unstable: shoes on, to shoes off, to unstable surface.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.