• Perform this exercise in the gym.
• This exercise will work the shoulder muscles, and is good for beginners as the machine will ensure that you are performing the exercise in the correct plane of motion.
• As a secondary benefit, you’ll also be working the back of your arms (triceps), as well as activating the core to support your spine and back.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Adjust the seat so that the handles are in line with the top of your shoulders when you’re sitting up straight.
• Tighten up your abdominals to support your spine and back.
• Grasp the handles, and press upward smoothly until your elbows are extended, then lower the weight smoothly back down. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
• At all times, make sure that you don’t push your elbows forward. Your wrist and elbows should be in line. Also make sure that you don’t arch your back at any point during the exercise.