• This exercise can be performed in the gym.
• This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your back.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Hold a handle in each hand and sit with your thighs under the pad and your feet flat on the ground. Your feet should be about shoulder-width apart to provide better stability.
• Tighten your abdominal muscles to support your torso and spine.
• Your arms should be fully extended, palms facing inward, with your wrists and elbows aligned.
• Pull your shoulder blades back and down then pull one handle toward your chest. You’ll feel your shoulder blades draw closer together. Concentrate not on pulling with your arm, but on driving back with your elbow. Your torso can rotate slightly as you pull back, but make sure that your head remains in line with your shoulders and hips. As you allow your arm to return to full extension, pull back with the other arm. Repeat for the required number of repetitions, alternating sides.
• At no point during the exercise should you arch your back.