How to Do Seated Ball Dumbbell Shoulder Press Kneeling on Ball
The seated ball dumbbell shoulder press kneeling on ball should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the seated ball dumbbell shoulder press kneeling on the ball.
Beginning Seated Ball Dumbbell Shoulder Press
1. Sit on a Swiss ball with a pair of dumbbells. Raise the dumbbells slightly above shoulder height with palms facing forward and elbows tucked close to your body, pulling your shoulders back and tightening your core.
2. Extend your arms fully overhead. Return the dumbbells to your shoulders after a brief pause.
Seated Ball Dumbbell Shoulder Press Movement
1. Stand in front of the stability ball, with the dumbbells in your hands. Choose relatively light dumbbells to begin. Allow your arms to hang relaxed at your side.
2. Tighten up your abs and slowly and carefully kneel on the dome of the stability ball. Keep your core muscles activated, and your glute and leg muscle tense to help you keep your balance.
3. Make sure that your back is straight, and your head, shoulders, knees, and hips are all aligned. This will help with balance as well.
4. Once you are balanced, bring the dumbbells up to shoulder height. Your palms should be facing forward, and your hands will be held wider than shoulder-width apart. This is the start position.
5. Looking ahead of you, press the weight upward by extending your elbows until your arms are directly overhead with your hands next to each other. Your hands will describe a wide arc from the wider start position to the closed-end position.
6. Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder height. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
7. Most of your effort will be centered on the remaining balance on the stability ball. Being on the stability ball will prevent you from arching your back to push the weight up. Keep your movements slow, smooth, and controlled.
Seated Ball Dumbbell Shoulder Press Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
It strengthens the muscles in your shoulder.
This exercise will be especially challenging in terms of balance and stability. Your core muscles will be working very hard to help maintain balance during this exercise, and kneeling on the stability ball.
How to Workout Your Shoulders With Dumbbells Stability Ball Dumbbell Press, Kneeling Dumbbell Shoulder Press, How to Exercise With Dumbbells