- Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- It strengthens the back and neck, and in particular the trapezius muscle, which connects the neck to the shoulder and back.
How to Do:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart with the dumbbells directly in front of you. To measure this distance correctly, place your closed fists side by side on the floor, your feet should rest directly on either side.
- Keep a tall, straight form while performing this exercise with your head, shoulder and hips all aligned; your knees can be slightly bent.
- Lower into a squat position, and place both hands on the dumbbells.
- Grab both dumbblls and rise out of the squat with your back straight. Allow the dumbbells to hang at your sides with your palms facing inward. Your arms should be fully extended.
- Your shoulders should be relaxed and down, and your abdominals tight to support your back and spine.
- Slowly lift your shoulders up to your ears, before returning them to their original position before repeating the required number of repetitions.
- If you are doing this exercise with dumbbells, you can alternate shoulders. Raise one shoulder up to the ear and return it to the start position, then raise the other shoulder.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.