Oblique floor crunches (twist crunches)
What are side crunches and the benefits?
- The Crunch-Oblique is a beginner exercise that targets the CORE muscles that allow one to bend to the side and twist the torso (“obliques”).
Who should perform it?
- This exercise is appropriate for those who have good CORE strength and good flexibility in the upper and lower back muscles.
- Lie flat on the back. Position the arms along either side of the body.
- Bend the knees until the feet are flat on the floor.
- Place the right hand on the back of your neck at the base of the skull for support throughout this exercise.
- The left arm should be at your side with your palm facing the ceiling.
- Keep the eyes focused on the ceiling throughout the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Lift the right shoulder off the floor.
- Rotate the trunk until the right elbow points at the opposing knee. Hold and squeeze the tummy.
- Slowly return to the starting position, and then repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Do not exert pressure or pull on the neck.
- Do not let the head curl forward where the chin touches the chest.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.