How to Do Side Lunges With Knee Lift
Should be able to perform a classic forward lunge and a separate classic lateral lunge with good balance/posture.
No excessive tension in hip flexors or calves.
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Side Lunges With Knee Lift
Start in a standing position with chest up, and lower back tight.
Make sure you have enough floor space around you.
Side Lunges With Knee Lift Movement
1. Tense up your core, and align posture.
2. Step Lunge laterally to the side.
3. Although foot steps laterally sideways, hips pelvis remain straight.
4. During lunge, breathe in and lower your body with control, keeping pressure distributed evenly between both feet don't put all the pressure on the front foot only.
5. Be aware of your feet make sure they don't cave in or shift out.
6. Breathe out and quickly stand back up to original position while raising your knee the knee of the leg that performed the lunge up to 90 degrees.
7. And pausing for 1 second. Drop your foot, and repeat.
Side Lunges With Knee Lift Benefits
Inner thigh strengthening.
Inner thigh definition.
Improved coordination between lower body muscle groups.
Improved lateral movement stability.