How to Do Side Plank Hip Lifts
The side plank hip lifts should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the side plank hip lifts.
Beginning Side Plank Hip Lifts
1. Raise your hips to form a straight line from your head to your heels.
2. Slowly descend your left hip, tapping it gently on the floor while keeping your core braced and glutes engaged.
3. Return to side plank posture by reversing the move. Rep for reps, then swap sides and do the same amount of reps on each side.
Side Plank Hip Lifts Movement
1. Start off on a side plank.
2. Lay on your side on the ground so that your body is straight, only the side of one foot is touching the ground, and also only one arm that is bent at a 90 degree angle.
3. The arm that isn't on the ground will be pointing straight up in the air.
4. Holding this position, you will slightly dip your hips so that they touch the ground.
5. Pause for a brief moment and bring them back to starting position.
Side Plank Hip Lifts Benefits
The side plank with hip raises activates the obliques while also increasing core strength and endurance. This exercise helps to tighten and decrease the waistline by working the deep abdominal muscles.