Single leg squat touchdown
- Draw the abdomen inwards and contract the pelvis floor by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- Lift one leg off the floor and flex the elevated ankle (pointing the toes outward). Keep feet parallel beside each other.
- Maintain level hips.
How to Do:
- Grip toes in your shoes or on the floor (IF NO SHOES).
- Begin the squat by bending the knee. Keep the shoulder blades down and together.
- As your leg bends, flex forward with tall spine and reach for one toe with opposite arm.
- Squat down as deep as you can while maintaining control, maintaining heel contact with floor and watching hip and knee alignment (no pronation/rolling the joint inward).
- Return back to starting position and repeat.
- Inertia progressions - No weight to dumbbells to cables to tubing
- Movement progressions - Squat with touchdown to squat touchdown to overhead press.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.