How to Do One Arm Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension Triceps Curls
Each one arm dumbbell overhead triceps extension triceps curls should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this one arm dumbbell overhead triceps extension triceps curls.
Beginning Single Arm Overhead Triceps Extension
1. Hold a dumbbell in one hand and stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line.
3. Draw your shoulder blades back and down and tighten your abdominals to support and protect your back and spine.
Single Arm Overhead Triceps Extension Movement
1. Raise your arm and bring the dumbbell overhead. Your elbow should be fully extended with the dumbbell directly over your shoulder.
2. Keeping your upper arms stationary next to your ear throughout the movement, bend your elbow and lower the dumbbell toward the back of your neck. Extend your elbow to bring the dumbbell to the original starting position. Continue repeating the exercise until you've completed all required repetitions before switching sides.
3. Don't let your elbows flare out to the side and make sure that your back remains strong without any arching during the exercise. You should also be careful not to lower your head to your chest. Look ahead of you, and keep your head in line with your neck.
Single Arm Overhead Triceps Extension Benefits
You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscle in the upper arm, giving you shape and definition. Your shoulder will also be activated to hold the dumbbell over your head.
How To Do Elbow Extensions, Dumbbell Triceps Extensions, Overhead Elbow Extensions, Upright Elbow Extensions