How to Do Single Arm Tricep Pushdown
Each single arm tricep pushdown should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this single arm tricep pushdown.
Beginning Single Arm Tricep Pushdown
1. Select the appropriate level of resistance and stand in front of the machine with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line.
3. Place your hands on the bar about shoulder-width apart. Your palms should be facing the ground, and your upper arms and elbows tight against your side. Your elbows will be bent. This is the start position.
Single Arm Tricep Pushdown Movement
1. Pull your shoulder blades back and down and tighten your abdominals to help keep your body in alignment, then extend your elbows until your arms are fully straightened next to your body. Return to the start position slowly and in a controlled manner, and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
2. Make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearms should be moving.
3. Be careful not to rock forward and back. If you find yourself unable to prevent this it means the weight is too heavy and you should reduce the resistance.
4. Once you are comfortable with this exercise, you can make it more challenging by completing all the repetitions with one arm, before working on the other arm.
Single Arm Tricep Pushdown Benefits
You can perform this exercise in the gym. This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition. Your core muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady and to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
Cable Tricep Pushdown, One Arm Cable Pushdown, Tricep Pushdown Cable Machine, How to Do Arm Exercises for Triceps