How to Do Single Leg Crunch on Ball
Position yourself on the stability ball as described in the Abdominal Crunch on Stability Ball exercise.
Prior to performing the exercise, lift one leg off the floor and extend straight ahead.
Balance in this position and then follow the remaining steps. Perform the exercise balancing on the opposite leg.
Beginning Single Leg Crunch
1. Sit on the stability ball with feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Slowly roll down on the ball until it is in the low arch of the back. The knees should be bent at a near-right angle. Ensure that the toes point straight ahead.
3. Cross both arms across the chest and focus the eyes on the ceiling. Balance here.
Single Leg Crunch Movement
1. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button toward the spine. Tuck the chin to the chest.
2. Keeping feet planted firmly on the floor, slowly curl the spine forward and sit upon the ball.
3. Slowly come back to the original position in one smooth, controlled movement. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Single Leg Crunch Benefits
Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
Keep the legs activated but stable.
Be sure to have your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise.
Keep the chin tucked throughout the movement to protect it.
If unable to maintain posture and balance, discontinue the exercise.
Choose the quality of the exercise over quantity.
How To Do Crunches on a Stability Ball, Swiss Ball Crunches, Abs Workout, Single Leg Crunches.