How to Do Standing Single Leg Alternating Shoulder Press With Dumbbell and Rotation
Each standing single leg alternating shoulder press with dumbbell and rotation should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this standing single leg alternating shoulder press with dumbbell and rotation.
Beginning Single Leg Shoulder Press
1. Standing on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and your knee slightly bent, stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and your knee slightly bent.
2. Hold a dumbbell at shoulder level with your palm facing out in your hand. Draw in your navel and press the dumbbell over your head, fully extending your arm, with your arm slightly in front of your ear.
Single Leg Shoulder Press Movement
1. Select light dumbbells for this exercise as you'll be concentrating on your balance in the initial phases.
2. Stand with your dumbbells in your hands, arms rest at your sides. Make sure that your spine is lifted and that your head is aligned with your shoulders, hips, and knees. Activate your core muscles to help with stability, and raise one foot off the ground until you're standing on one leg.
3. Your free leg can be slightly bent. Once you're comfortable, raise the dumbbells to shoulder height, with your palms facing forward.
4. Rotate your torso to one side then fully extend your arms to press the dumbbells directly overhead. Bring the dumbbells back to shoulder height, then rotate your torso to the other side, and perform the shoulder press again. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
5. Ensure that your body is aligned at all times. Your back should not be arched or rounded at any time during the exercise.
Single Leg Shoulder Press Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your shoulder muscles.
This exercise will also challenge your balance and stability, and your core and leg muscles will get a workout while holding you steady as you perform the exercise while standing on one leg.
Shoulder Rotation Exercises, One Legged Exercises, Torso Rotation Exercise