Speed ladder side shuffle
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- Start at the end of the ladder with the body facing to the side (as shown).
- The idea is to move through the ladder as fast as you can sideways.
- Begin by placing the lead leg into the first rung of the ladder, followed quickly by the trail leg.
- Once the trail leg is into the first rung, continue sideways by placing the lead leg into the second rung, followed quickly by the trail leg.
- The pattern should be in - in - out - out.
- Complete the ladder and switch sides.
- Watch and correct for side to side instability, poor deceleration, and improper mechanics.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.