Speed ladder skaters
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- Start on the side of the speed ladder, looking down the length of the ladder.
- The movement will be side to side as you proceed through the ladder.
- Begin on the right side of the ladder and place your left foot in the first rung of the ladder.
- Then, quickly place the right foot into the first rung of the ladder.
- The left foot steps out of the ladder on the left side, followed by the right foot, which swings behind the left foot with no weight transferred on the right leg (as shown).
- Swing the right leg back into the second rung, followed by the left, step out with the right and swing the left leg behind the right with no weight on the left leg.
- Continue this sequence through the remainder of the ladder.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.