Speed ladder skiers
Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- Begin this speed ladder drill by facing the length of the ladder at the side of the first rung.
- Both feet will be moving together in this drill.
- Make sure you land on the toes and both feet land at the same time (foot print consistency).
- Start by jumping sideways into the first rung, landing on both feet.
- Jump sideways again to the other side of the ladder.
- Jump diagonally the opposite direction into the second rung, keep landing with two feet, and continue this sequence through the entire length of the speed ladder.
- Perform this drill as fast as you can control.
- Ensure good footprint consistency, and hips facing forward.
- Watch for unnatural movement in the kinetic chain which could indicate side to side instability.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.