How to Do Alternating Banded Bicep Curl With Speed and Rotation
The Alternating Banded Bicep Curl With Speed and Rotation should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the Alternating Banded Bicep Curl With Speed and Rotation.
Beginning Speed Curls
1. Choose dumbbells that you can lift ten times with proper form. Starting weights for dumbbells are 5 or 10 pounds per dumbbell.
2. Start with 2 pounds if you're just getting started, recovering from an injury, or resuming exercise after a long period of inactivity.
Speed Curls Movement
1. Choose a very light resistance band. Hold the handles and place your feet on the band, about shoulder-width apart. Your palms will be facing in toward the side of your thighs.
2. Make sure that your body is aligned, with your head, shoulders, hips, and knees in line. Tighten up your abdominals and draw your shoulders away from your ears.
3. To make this exercise more challenging, rotate your torso and hips to one side, and perform a curl with the trailing arm (i.e. not the arm on the same side that you are rotating toward). Alternate sides until the required number of repetitions are completed. Make sure that you keep your body in alignment during the exercise, and that you don't over-rotate.
4. Alternate arms, and pick up speed as you become more comfortable with the movement.
5. Regardless of how quickly you are going, make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out.
6. This should be a smooth and rhythmic movement.
Speed Curls Benefits
This exercise can be done either at home or in the gym.
This exercise will strengthen your biceps muscles at the front of your upper arms. Your core muscles will also be activated to keep your torso stable as you perform the exercise.
This exercise should be done quickly and will help develop power and speed in your upper body.
How To Do Resistance Band Speed Curls, Alternating Arm Speed Curls, Bungee Curls, Biceps Curl.