Wall squats with ball on balance board
- Place a stability ball against a sturdy object before stepping onto a balance board (or dyna disc as pictured here).
- Place feet STRAIGHT AHEAD as depicted.
- Maintain neutral spine and neck.
How to Do Downward Movement:
- From the start position, draw your belly button inward toward your spine.
- Maintaining tone in the deep belly, descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips.
- During the descent, maintain weight distribution between the mid-foot and heels. Do not allow the feet to cave inward or shift outward.
How to Do Upward Movement:
- While maintaining tone in the lower abdomen and optimal kinetic chain alignment, “drive” through the feet extending the ankle, knee, and hip joints while your weight is evenly distributed between heels and mid-foot. Do not allow body weight to shift toward the toes.
- Reset (if necessary) and repeat recommended repetitions.
- Do not allow the ball to push your body forward.
- Ball placement should aid in stability NOT take away from stability.
- The knees should track over second and third toe.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.