Cable squat press alternating arms
- Maintain a visual gaze towards the horizon (straight ahead) and good stability through the abdomen.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up prior before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a squat motion and a two arm cable side shoulder press.
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart, hands at shoulder height, and elbows away from the body (as shown).
- Perform a complete squat (for description see - 'squat' in exercise library).
- Once standing, perform a two arm overhead shoulder press to the side (as shown).
- Watch and correct for excessive side lean.
- Bring the hands back to the shoulders.
- Repeat pattern.
- Do NOT curve the lower back excessively, bring the head and body forward excessively, or excessively elevate the shoulder area as these may be signs that the load is too heavy.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.