Squat on half foam roller
- Cross arms while positioning your body in optimal alignment (feet shoulder width, knees over 2nd and 3rd toes, neutral spine and neck) on the half foam roll.
How to Do:
- From optimal postural alignment, draw your lower abdomen inward toward your spine.
- While maintaining optimal spinal alignment, descend slowly by bending at the hips and knees.
- During the descent, maintain weight distribution between the mid-foot and heels. Do not allow the feet to cave inward or shift outward. The knees should track between the first and second toes.
- While maintaining tone in the lower abdomen and optimal kinetic chain alignment, 'drive' through the feet extending the ankle, knee and hip joints while your weight is evenly distributed between heels and mid-foot.
- Perform downward reps slowly and concentrate on the descent and the squat position alignment of your body.
- Descend as far as possible while maintaining optimal alignment throughout the entire kinetic chain. Partial squats should progress to full squats as neuromuscular efficiency improves.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.