Squats on bosu ball upside down with overhead twist
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
How to Do:
- This movement utilizes the BOSU ball with the flat side up.
- With the hands to the side of the body, perform a squat movement (for description, see – “squat” in the exercise library).
- As you ascend from the squat, raise your hands above the head and pivot through the shoulders and hips to one side.
- Repeat squat and rotate to the opposite side.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
- Pay close attention to the video link to observe the fluid nature of this exercise.
- Do NOT do the following; move the lunging knee away from the body, collapse the trunk (excessive flexion), or round the upper back as these may be signs that the exercise is too advanced.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.