Dumbbell squat press on airex pad
- Standing with an Airex pad in front of body, step onto pad with feet shoulder width apart and straight ahead (do not turn toes out).
- Holding the resistance implement (medicine ball /dumbbell), position your body in optimal alignment.
How to Do:
- From the start position, draw your belly button inward toward your spine to activate the deep stabilizing mechanism. Maintain “draw-in” maneuver throughout the entire exercise.
- While maintaining optimal alignment, descend slowly by bending at the hips and knees. During the descent, maintain balance-weight distribution between right and left.
- Do not allow feet to cave inward or roll outward. The knees should line up between the second and third toes.
- While maintaining tone in the lower abdomen and optimal kinetic chain alignment, accelerate upward through the feet extending the ankle, knee and hip joints while pressing the implement upward through a natural range of motion.
- Repeat motion for recommended repetitions.
- Do not allow body weight to shift toward the toes.
- Partial squat & press movement should progress to full squat & press movements as balance and stabilizer efficiency improves.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.