Tip-toe squat with overhead reach with medicine ball
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise - this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- Start with a LIGHT medicine ball and perfect the movement before adding more load.
- Begin with the feet shoulder width apart, pointing straight ahead - medicine ball in front of the pelvis, arms straight (as shown).
- Squat down to a comfortable depth without compensations, maintaining the same arm position.
- Simultaneously, slowly squat up to the tip toes and flex the shoulder so the straight arms move above the head.
- In this position, reach up with the entire body as much as is comfortable.
- Slowly lower.
- Watch and correct: knees collapsing in, feet externally rotating, excessive forward bend in the trunk, and excessive inward curving of the lower back when the arms are above the head.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.