Squat thrust with push up to jump
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a push ups and jumping in place.
- Start with your hands by your shoulders.
- Simultaneously squat down (with triple flexion in the legs) and bend forward in the trunk placing the outstretched arms on the ground about shoulder width apart.
- Shoot both legs out into triple extension with a straight body line, perform a push up, and quickly bring them back into triple flexion (as shown).
- Begin the movement with an explosive vertical jump, and at the same time explosively push your arms overhead.
- Land onto toes and then heals.
- Do not let the back sag as you thrust your legs out and back. Maintain proper alignment throughout the exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.