Barbell front squat crossed arms
- Stand with feet pointed STRAIGHT AHEAD with a barbell placed comfortably on the top of the shoulder musculature.
- Be sure to position your head up over shoulders and shoulders in line with hips, (i.e. neutral spine).
How to Do:
- From the start position, draw your belly button inward toward your spine.
- Maintaining tone in the deep abdomen, descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips.
- During the descent, maintain weight distribution between the mid-foot and heels. Do not allow the feet to cave inward or shift outward.
- While maintaining tone in the lower abdomen and optimal kinetic chain alignment, “drive” through the feet extending the ankle, knee, and hip joints while your weight is evenly distributed between heels and mid-foot. Do not allow body weight to shift toward the toes.
- The knees should track over the second and third toe.
- Perform downward reps slowly and concentrate on the descent and the squat position alignment of your body.
- Descend as far as you can control. Partial squats should progress to full squats as neuromuscular efficiency improves.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.