Swiss ball crunch
Benefits of Ball Crunches
- The Abdominal Crunch on Stability Ball is a beginner strength exercise for all of the CORE muscles.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise may be performed by any beginner exerciser who has no physical limitations.
- Sit on the stability ball with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly roll down on the ball until it is in the low arch of the back. The knees should be bent at a near-right angle.
- Ensure that the toes point straight ahead. Cross both arms across the chest and focus the eyes on the ceiling. Balance here.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Suck in the tummy drawing the bellybutton toward the spine.
- Tuck the chin to the chest. Keeping feet planted firmly on the floor; slowly curl the spine forward and sit up on the ball.
- Slowly come back to the original position in one smooth, controlled move. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
- Keep the legs activated but stable.
- Be sure have your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise.
- Keep the chin tucked throughout the movement to protect it.
- If unable to maintain posture and balance, discontinue the exercise.
- Choose quality of the exercise over quantity.
- To increase the intensity of this exercise, try upping the number of repetitions or adding resistance.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.