How to Do Stability Ball Back Extension With Knees Off Floor
Be sure to maintain proper posture throughout the entire movement to prevent unneeded stress. Keep your shoulder blades retracted slightly, maintain good stability in your core during the entire movement and keep your spine in natural alignment.
Beginning Stability Ball Back Extension
1. Lie facedown on a stability ball with your hands behind your head and your feet against anything solid.
2. Squeeze your glutes and elevate your torso to form a straight line with your body.
3. Hold for a second or two. Slowly return to the beginning.
Stability Ball Back Extension Movement
1. Kneel down on the floor slowly and lean your hips securely on the stability ball.
2. Hug the stability ball with your hands on each side for extra support and lift your knees off the floor.
3. Begin the exercise by first tightening your glutes, keeping your chin tucked for proper spine alignment, and extend your back as illustrated below.
4. Lower slowly back into the starting position, making sure to keep the stability ball still the entire movement.
Stability Ball Back Extension Benefits
Gravity acts as resistance in a back extension bench, often known as a back extension machine. It requires you to stand with your thighs on the pad, facing the floor, and allowing your spine to rise upward.