How to Do a Stability Ball Bicep Curl With Raised Leg and Single Arm
The stability ball bicep curl with raised leg and single arm should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the stability ball bicep curl with a raised leg and single arm.
Stability Ball Bicep Curls Beginning
1. Place your feet shoulder-width apart on the ball and sit there.
2. As you push your right weight toward your right shoulder, pull in your abdominal muscles.
3. Hold for a few beats before lowering the weight to your right side.
Stability Ball Bicep Curls Movement
1. Hold the dumbbell in your hand, and stand with the stability ball behind you. Bring one leg back and place the front of the foot on the center of the stability ball's dome. Slightly bend the front knee to help with balance.
2. Lift the spine and make sure that your head is in line with your shoulders, hips, and knees. Keep your supporting knee slightly bent, and look ahead. This will help you balance. Keep your lower body slightly tensed to help steady you.
3. Your arms should be fully extended at your sides with your palms facing your thighs. Once you feel comfortable in the position, tighten your abdominals and pull your shoulders away from your ears.
4. Bend your elbow and curl the dumbbell until it reaches shoulder height. Simultaneously, you should be rotating your forearm, so that at the top of the curl, your palm is facing your shoulder. Make sure that your upper arm remains tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbow should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearm should be moving.
5. Lower the dumbbell with control by straightening the elbow and return to your original position.
6. Continue to repeat the exercise until you've completed all repetitions.
Stability Ball Bicep Curls Benefits
You can complete this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise will strengthen the biceps muscles, which are in the front of the upper arms.
You'll also activate your core muscles to keep you steady as you perform the exercise on one leg and work on your stability and balance.
How To Do Single-Arm Dumbbell Curls, Biceps Curl, Swiss Ball Bicep Curl, Exercise Ball Dumbbell Curl.