How to Do Stability Ball Push Up on Single Leg
The stability ball push up on a single leg should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the stability ball push up on a single leg.
Beginning Stability Ball Push Up
1. Lay on the stability ball with your chest on it. Place your hands at the sides of your chest on the ball. They'll be separated by about a shoulder's width.
2. Start in a plank posture with your hands on the flat side of the ball if you're using a BOSU.
3. Put your toes on the floor and keep your legs straight.
4. Raise your body to the point when your arms are virtually straight, do not lock your elbows.
5. Hold for two seconds while balancing.
Stability Ball Push Up Movement
1. Begin by coming into a pushup position with your hands flat on the sides of a stability ball.
2. Both of your feet will be straight behind you. One of your feet will be supported on your toes while the other will remain extended 3. straight behind you, but in the air and a couple of inches off of the ground.
4. Complete a pushup by bending with your elbows and bringing your body down slowly so that your arms form 90 degree angles.
5. Pause at the bottom for a brief second before pressing yourself back up to the starting position.
Stability Ball Push Up Benefits
This exercise strengthens your chest and shoulders. When you do exercises like the plank and push up on an unstable surface like the stability ball, you work twice as many core muscles.
How to Do a Push Up, Exercise Push Up Variations, Stability Ball Push Up.