Resistance band bicep curls
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This variation of the traditional biceps curl exercise strengthens the biceps muscles (i.e. the front of the upper arms). The effort required to resist the band/tubing as you lower the handle adds a different stimulus to the muscle.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Attach the tubing at a low point and step back until there is resistance on the band. Keep a shoulder-width stance and draw up your spine. Make sure that your head, shoulders, hips and knees are in line. Hold the dumbbell and band handle in one hand while relaxing your arm next to the side with full extension. Your palm should be facing forward.
- Tighten up your core muscles, pull your shoulders back and down, then curl the dumbbell and band handle up to your shoulders by bending your elbow. Keep your upper arm tucked into your torso and your elbow tight to your waist. Only your forearm will be moving.
- Perform the required repetitions on one side, then switch sides.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.