Standing cable weighted crunches
What is it and benefits?
- The Standing Crunch on a Freemotion or cable machine is a beginner strength exercise for all of the CORE muscles.
- This exercise focuses on increasing the strength and size of the abdominal muscles.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise may be performed by any beginner exerciser who has no physical limitations.
- Stand in front of the machine (Freemotion or cable). Position the feet shoulder-width apart. Position the low back against the machine pad and bend the knees slightly.
- Take the hand straps in both hands and pull them over both shoulders. Keep the arms tight to the body with the elbows pressed against the ribs. Hold this posture throughout the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Keeping both feet planted firmly on the floor; slowly curl the spine forward so that the chest draws near the pelvis.
- Bend forward as far as possible comfortably. Come back to the starting position before continuing the exercise until you’ve completed all required repetitions.
- Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
- Keep the arms, neck, and shoulders stable.
- Make sure that the low back is aligned against the pad between each repetition.
- Be sure to have your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise.
- To increase the intensity of this exercise, try upping the number of repetitions and/or amount of weight lifted.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.