Standing cable weighted crunches with single arm
What is it and benefits?
- The Single Arm Standing Crunch on a Freemotion or cable machine is a beginner exercise designed to strengthen all of the CORE muscles.
- It requires a weighted cable machine.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise may be performed by anyone who has no injuries or restrictions in movement of the CORE muscles.
- Stand up straight with feet no wider than shoulder width apart. Ensure that the back is positioned against the machine pad.
- Take the strap in your hands and extend it down over your left shoulder.
- Lock both elbows against the sides of the ribcage and hold in position.
How to Do the Exercise
- Bend over at the waist and twist the trunk slowly so that the left elbow reaches toward the right hip.
- Return to starting position making sure to check posture. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Then take the strap in your hands and extend it down over your the right shoulder.
- Keeping elbows pressed against the ribcage, repeat the bending and twisting motion for the desired number of repetitions.
- Make sure to keep both feet flat on the floor for the duration of the exercise.
- Make this exercise more difficult by increasing the number of repetitions and/or increasing the amount of weight lifted.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.