Standing Russian twist medicine ball
What is it and benefits?
- Medicine Ball Patterns is a beginner exercise that increases the stabilization and power in the CORE and shoulders.
Who should perform it?
- Healthy exercisers with well-aligned spines and good CORE stability may perform this exercise.
- Stand with both feet no wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Suck in the tummy drawing the bellybutton towards the spine. Hold a medicine ball in both hands.
- Roll the shoulders back and keep them pressed downward throughout the movement phase.
How to Do the Exercise
- Keeping the medicine ball in both hands, raise the arms up in front of the body until they are parallel with the floor. Focus the eyes on an object straight ahead.
- Slowly rotate the shoulders to the right as far as the body will allow comfortably.
- Swing the arms back to the left. Continue swinging the arms from side to side for the desired number of repetitions.
- Increase in speed and repetitions as the CORE becomes stronger and more stable.
- Ensure that the knees do not twist and the feet stay firmly planted.
- Keep the chest out and shoulders rolled back and pressed downward.
- To make this exercise more challenging, close both eyes and perform the desired number of repetitions.
- To make this exercise even more challenging, allow the head to rotate along with the shoulders as the arms swing.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.