• Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
• This is a classic exercise for building strength in the shoulder muscles. The back of the arms (triceps) are also activated.
• In addition to training the shoulders, your core muscles will also come into play throughout the exercise to support the back and spine. This is especially important due to the standing position.
How to Do the Exercise:
• With your arms at your sides and a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet facing forward and shoulder-width apart. Make sure that your weight is centered, and your body is aligned.
• Tighten up your abdominals to support the back and spine, then bring the DBs up to shoulder height, with your palms facing forward.
• Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and then press the DBs up and over your head, extending your elbows fully.
• Lower the DBs back to shoulder height. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
• During the exercise, be sure not to let your back arch.
This exercise targets the deltoids and the triceps.
1. Stand with feet hip width apart.
2. Feet should be parallel and the knees should be inline over second toe.
3. Maintain neutral hips and a neutral spine during this exercise.
4. The ears should be aligned over the shoulders.
5. Lift both arms over the shoulders in a controlled movement.