How to Do Standing Cable Shoulder Press Staggered
The standing cable shoulder press should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the standing cable shoulder press.
Beginning Standing Cable Shoulder Press Split
1. Begin by standing in a split stance. Adjust the handles to the level of your chest and grip them with your palms facing down.
2. Exhale and push the handles forward and together while engaging the core. Maintain a small squeeze between the shoulder blades and keep the shoulders back. Hold for a few seconds, inhale, and gently return to the beginning position. Repeat.
Standing Cable Shoulder Press Split Movement
1. Adjust the cable arms to the lowest position, and select the appropriate resistance.
2. Stand equidistant from the two cable arms, with your back to the machine, and your feet about shoulder width apart. Bring one foot forward so that you're in a split stance, then pick up the handles and allow your arms to dangle at your side.
3. Draw up your spine so that your head is aligned with your shoulders and hips, and your weight is equally distributed between your legs.
4. Tighten up your abdominals and raise the handles to shoulder height. Your palms should be facing forward, and your hands will be held wider than shoulder-width apart. This is the start position.
5. Looking ahead of you, press the weight upward by extending your elbows until your arms are directly overhead with your hands next to each other. Your hands will describe a wide arc from the wider start position to the closed end position.
6. Reverse the motion until you are back in the start position and repeat until you've completed all required repetitions. If you are doing more than one set, alternate your forward legs on each set.
7. Check to make sure that your elbows are stacked directly on top of your wrists at all times; your elbows should not flare forward or drop back. Your back should remain straight throughout, and should neither arch nor round at any time.
Standing Cable Shoulder Press Split Benefits
This exercise should be performed in the gym.
This exercise builds strength in the shoulder muscles.
The core muscles will also be actively engaged to keep your torso upright and in the correct position as you perform the exercise.
shoulder machine press, free motion machine exercises, free motion shoulder press