How to Do Banded Standing Oblique Twist
The Banded Standing Oblique Twist should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the Banded Standing Oblique Twist.
Beginning Standing Oblique Twist
A long bungee will be needed to do this exercise
Standing Oblique Twist Movement
1. This exercise starts facing straight ahead so that the bungee is to your right.
2. You are going to grab the handle of the bungee so that both hands evenly hold it.
3. To do so, interlock your fingers together while holding the handle.
4. Your left arm should be coming straight across your chest and your right arm should be straight out to the right of you. Both hands holding the handle of the bungee.
5. Make sure your feet are shoulder width, chest out, shoulders back, and that you are standing tall. You are now ready to execute the exercise.
6. Start pivoting with your hips. Once you feel tension on the bungee you are going to hop and do a 180 degree turn while still holding the bungee.
7. Bring yourself back to the starting position by going in reverse in a slow and controlled manner without hopping. That is one repetition.
8. When you are done with your repetitions you can reverse it so that the bungee starts off on your left side instead of the right.
Standing Oblique Twist Benefits
The oblique twist will help you improve your posture and balance. This is due to the fact that oblique twists focus on strengthening the oblique muscles and spine, increasing their flexibility to allow for easier movement, and reducing the pressure on the lower back when performing daily activities like lifting.
Torso Twist Exercise, Standing Torso Twist Exercise, Standing Torso Twist, Standing Torso Twist Stretch, What Is a Torso Twist, How to Do Torso Twists.