How to Do Banded Standing Oblique Twist on Single Leg
The banded standing oblique twist on the single leg should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the banded standing oblique twist on the single leg.
Beginning Standing Oblique Twist
1. Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
2. If you're doing the exercise with your bodyweight, stretch your arms out; otherwise, hold a weight in front of your chest.
3. Slowly twist your torso to one side and back to the beginning position by engaging your abdominals.
Standing Oblique Twist Movement
1. You will be standing so that your feet are at about shoulder width, and one of them is slightly bent and a couple of inches off of the ground, and you are extended before you.
2. To grab the tubing with both hands, twist your body to the right and grab the cable with an interlocking grip.
3. From here, twist with the tubing in a straight motion to the opposing side of your body.
4. Keep the motion slow and controller, and bring it back to the starting position.
Standing Oblique Twist Benefits
The oblique twist will help you improve your posture and balance. This is due to the fact that oblique twists focus on strengthening the oblique muscles and spine, increasing their flexibility to allow for easier movement, and reducing the pressure on the lower back when performing daily activities like lifting.
Exercise With Resistance Bands.