Lateral step up with bicep curl and single leg balance
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate core by drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
How to Do:
- Position feet shoulder width apart and pointing straight ahead.
- Step sideways with one foot onto the bench or step, make sure the knee stays in good alignment.
- In a simultaneous motion, step up and 'pick up' your hips on the opposite side as your step leg.
- HOLD swing leg in the air in triple flexion (at hips, knees, and ankles), and perform a bicep curl.
- Step down backwards with the same technique of holding the hips level.
- Keep the hips level at each side, and ensure that NO “rolling in” occurs anywhere in the kinetic chain.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.