Dumbbell step up, curl and shoulder press
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- This exercise integrates upper and lower body and will cause fatigue. Technique should be maintained through each repetition.
How to Do:
- Position feet shoulder width apart and pointing straight ahead.
- Choose a step or bench that is a comfortable height to step up on.
- Step forward with one foot onto the bench or step.
- In a simultaneous motion, step up and “pick up” your hips on the opposite side as your step leg.
- HOLD swing leg in the air in triple flexion (at hips, knees, and ankles), and perform a bicep curl to a shoulder press and reverse the arm action in the opposite order.
- Step down backwards with the same technique of holding the hips level.
- Keep the hips level at each side for stability, and ensure that NO “rolling in” distortion occurs anywhere in the kinetic chain.
- Inertia progression: Dumbbell to cables to tubing.
- Stable to Unstable progression: Shoes on, to shoes off, to step up on unstable surface like a soft bench pad, Airex pad, or etc.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.