How to Do Supine Hamstring Stretch
The supine hamstring stretch should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the supine hamstring stretch.
Beginning Supine Hamstring Stretch
1. Lie down on your back, legs straight in front of you. Place one hand under your knee and the other under your ankle with your assistant's help.
2. Elevate the leg while maintaining a straight knee. Sitting on the side of the bed and resting your leg against their shoulder may be more comfy for your help.
Supine Hamstring Stretch Movement
1. Start by laying flat on a table. You should be laying flat on it and your knees should be at the end, so your legs hang down over the edge.
2. Straighten one leg, so it is parallel to the ground.
3. Bring it up as high as you can towards you. Try and get your leg up, so that it is perpendicular to the ground.
4. Pause at the highest moment, then slowly bring that leg straight down.
Supine Hamstring Stretch Benefits
Stretching the hamstrings can help to improve hip flexibility and range of motion. Both of these advantages will make it easier for people to do daily duties like walking up stairs and bending over. When the hamstrings are overworked, the pelvis rotates rearward.
How To Do a Static Abductor Stretch, Abductor Stretches, Static Hip Stretches