Tricep bench dips
What are Tricep Dips and Benefits:
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
- This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscle in the upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
- Your shoulder muscles will also be activated to hold the shoulder joint stable as you perform the exercise.
- Sit on the edge of the bench and place your hands on the edge of the bench beside your hips with your fingers pointing forward, towards your knees.
- Your arms should be straight, with elbows fully extended.Pull your shoulder blades back and down and slide your glutes just off the bench, then extend your legs fully in front of you. Make sure that your head is in line with your shoulders and hips, and that your torso is perpendicular to the ground.
How to Do:
- Tighten up your core and abdominals, then slowly lower your body by bending your elbows. Lower your body to a point that is comfortable; you should not be feeling any sharp discomfort in your shoulder joint.
- At the bottom limit, your upper arm will likely be approximately parallel to the ground, with your elbows bent at about 90 degrees. Drive your weight back to the start position by straightening your elbows.
- Repeat for the required number of repetitions. Your elbows should point behind you, like the wings of a grasshopper.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.