Cable tricep chop pivot
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart and toed out slightly, knees are bent and the chest remains high during the movement.
- Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This movement combines a cross body tricep pushdown with a 180° step pivot.
- Start by turning the body 90° to the weight stack.
- Perform a cross body tricep pushdown as shown (for description see “tricep pushdown” in the exercise library).
- As the weight is being decelerated back, the outside foot comes forward and the inside foot goes out as you pivot 180°.
- Repeat pushdowns with pivots for the desired amount of reps.
- Start with weight that is approximately 50% of tricep pushdown weight to ensure control and stability.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.