Stork single leg tricep kickbacks with dumbbell
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate core with proper drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
- This exercise integrates upper and lower body and will cause fatigue. Technique should be maintained through each repetition.
How to Do:
- Stand on one leg with good alignment, the knee is bent to approx. 20 degrees.
- SLOWLY flex forward in the trunk and allow the raised leg to extend behind you in triple extension (at hip, knee, and ankle) and HOLD THIS POSITION.
- The body line should be straight and parallel with the floor from the neck right down the extended leg (as shown in the video link).
- Choose LIGHT weight and PERFECT the technique as this exercise is difficult to perform correctly.
- Position the upper arms parallel to the torso, elbows bent at 90 degrees, and HOLD.
- Perform a two arm tricep kickback movement, keeping the upper arm stationary and only moving the forearms; lower the weights slowly.
- Make sure that you have a chin tuck (for good neck alignment), “neutral” spine angles, hips that are level and parallel with the floor, and correct ANY rolling in of the legs (at knee and ankle joints). Be very vigilant in ensuring that proper form is maintained.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.